Wednesday 22 July 2015

All caught Up.

At least I can now say I'm all caught up with something that is until tomorrow when the next Moogly square will be released.

Block Ten
Whimsical Penelope’s Merry Go Round 
This one seemed to take forever to make because you are crocheting in the space below on each round. It has also turned out a little bit twisted so perhaps my tension was too tight, I'm hoping that it will be fine after a good blocking. Pattern here

Block Eleven
The Never Ending Wildflower

I love this one the flower is so pretty, the pattern is here

Block Twelve (alternative)
Spring Fling

I made this one instead of the featured one which you can see here  I did like the one that was featured but I didn't have the time to give it my full attention so chose one of the alternatives, I really love this square and I think it looks very effective in the one colour, I will try and make the featured one when I have more time.  You can find the pattern to the one above here

Block Thirteen 
Tip Toe through the Tulips (alternative)

It's great that Tamara has provided us with lots of alternatives because I didn't really fancy block thirteen either even though it's pretty I don't want a star in this particular afghan, (you can see the pattern here) so I chose the one above instead which I really like but not so much all the ends that needed weaving in. Pattern here

Block Fourteen
Tamara Square

This one was actually designed for Tamara you can find the pattern here  I like it a lot and it was easy to make too.  

I have found that all of these squares turn out less than the required 12" even when I use a bigger hook I always have to do an extra round or two, I'm thinking that our UK aran weight yarn is probably a tad finer than the US worsted weight. 


I am enjoying making these square's but I'm finding there is so much going on here at home right now I don't have the time I wish I had to devote to my crafting or even my blog come to that so if I disappear for awhile please bear with me I will be back. :) 

Linking with


Snickerdoodle Sunday
Handmade Monday - Creative Tuesday - Eyeloveknots - Link and share Wednesday - Lunamon Design - hookin on hump day







 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on all of the lovely square finishes Linda.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all just gorgeous Linda.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful squares, Linda :-) I love the Spring Fling one; that's one of my favorite patterns. Yes, life does keep us busy, doesn't it? Don't worry; we'll still be here when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Linda you made such gorgeous squares. Take care and enjoy the break.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so pretty. I don't think I could pick a favorite. Congratulations on finishing all these squares!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Kate. The Spring Fling square is my favourite. The pattern and single colour makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the Spring Fling square - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done catching up with all the busyness going on. the squares are lovely. particularly like the Wildflower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous squares. I agree with everyone else, the Spring Fling square is my favourite. I hope you manage to find some crafting time. Take care. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the squares are beautiful, Linda!!:) The never ending flower looks interesting !! Thanks for sharing the pattern links!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all beautiful !!!!!!!
    Have a lovely day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty squares, Linda! All great, but my favorite is no. 12 ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all gorgeous! I hope that you will have some more time soon and that things even out for you. Hugs for while you are gone! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Linda for sharing your pretty squares you crocheted at our Cooking and Crafting with J & J this week. Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful squares!
    Greetings.:*

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so great! You do good work! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! visiting thru Julie's Lifestyle link party - you're very talented! I've been doing a little "re-learning" of some crochet blocks myself. I'd love to try the cream colored Spring Fling some day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx