Thursday 12 December 2013

Bow knot scarves

Welcome to everyone who is joining in with the Block Challenge in 2014, it's going to be so much fun and I can't wait to get started, for those who are thinking about it don't worry you will be able to join in at any time.

How is everyone's Christmas preparations coming along, have you managed to finished making your Christmas gifts? mine will be on going right up to the last minute because most of them can be made in a couple of hours or less anyway.

I just love these simple to do Bow Knot scarves, I saw the pattern for this one earlier in the year and have had it on my to do list for months.

Crochet
Sparkly Bow Knot Scarf


I love this pretty scarf and was very happy with how it turned out it is very quick to make I made this one in just one evening.
I know it doesn't show up very well but this is a sparkly yarn and it looks so much better in real life. it's just perfect to wear with a sweater, dress or with a coat.
you can find the pattern here.  

Or perhaps you would prefer a knitted version

Knitted
Bow Knot Scarf




 I have made quite a few of these and given them as gifts and everyone loves them and wears them a lot. Simple garter stitch a perfect result every time.
You can find the pattern here

The beauty of the Bow knot scarf is all you need to do is pull it gently over your head, no need to untie it and there it will lie looking pretty and keeping you warm at the same time.

Even better when you have the yarn in your stash, lovely gifts that cost you nothing but a little bit of your time. :)





20 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I've been wanting to make one of those knitted bow knot scarves for years but just haven't gotten to it yet. I'd never seen a crochet version. It's really cute! Might be a great idea for some of the people on my list. Thanks for sharing the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think crochet looks prettier than knitting. You little scarves have turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! They are both so pretty. I like the crochet pattern most but I LOVE that red yarn in the knitted version :) Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I love the scarf. I am not joining in the block challenge but that does not mean I won't make a few here and there. I have way too many sweaters in my future to plan any sort of blanket. Good luck.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh Bow-tiful Linda! Great projects for an evening!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are cute - but I must say the crochet one is way lovelier than the knitted one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet!Love the teal yarn in the top one, the hint of sparkle is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're both really pretty! I can't knit but the crocheted one looks doable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the crochet one, they both look good, but the crochet ones my favourite.
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these scarves, I will be making the crochet version for myself, it's just beautiful. Thank you for the link Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're both very pretty - great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful ! In both color !
    Have a nice weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. These scarves are really cute Linda! I'm not sure I have time to make one up before Christmas now, but will definitely bookmark the pattern. Thanks for the ideas :) And my husband has ordered the 200 Blocks book for me!! I won't receive it till mid January(!), but I'll catch up as soon as it arrives. Happy weekend to you! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both looks super cute, Linda! They certainly make great gifts...great to make and great to wear ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was looking at those scarfs last week. I think they also call them ascot scarfs. I haven't seen the first one you posted, it sure is pretty. I was watching the Young & The Restless the other day and one of the younger female actresses had one on that was in a cream color and so cute. They are coming back in style. Thanks for sharing.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice scarves - thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Linda, I have been wanting to make one of these. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty..now I want to make one! Is it too late to add this to my Christmas list? LOL

    Linda, it was so good to see you at the Crochet Party this week :D Thanks for linking this pretty Bow Knot Scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so cute and look easy to make. I like projects like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx