Tuesday 11 September 2012

Lacy One's

I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who commented on the little cardigan in my last post, I love to read them so please keep them coming, also a big welcome to all my new followers I hope you will keep popping in. 

I have fallen right behind with the beyond the square challenge, has anyone completed it yet?  I know Barbara is nearly there already and all her motifs are so neat, perfect and beautiful, I enjoy looking at the gallery it looks so pretty with everyone displaying their motifs on there.
Here is my collection of lacy motifs taken from each chapter of the book. 


I have made these motifs with Patons 4ply cotton and used a 2.5mm hook.




and did you know they grow on tree's too :)


 I thought that making lacy ones would be quick and easy after all they are mostly made up of chains right, well that may be right for the neater even tension crocheters amongst us but I'm afraid not for me.  If the tension is wrong then so is the shape and it doesn't matter if you block them or not they still don't look right, so many of these were pulled back a few times until I thought  they were acceptable and after blocking they were passable.  
Lacy motifs are always beautiful for decorations, trimmings and making doilys and when they are made in a fine cotton they look good in frames too. 


Progress 61 made out of 100.

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection! My favorite is #8, but each one is beautiful :-). Love that picture with the granny trees!! And 61 is already a lot, there are still more than 3 months left ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love your motifs too, they are all very pretty. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi my dear friend.. I must say that your motifs are so beautiful and I like all of them.. And I will try to make so of them when I have found any free time... Thank yhou very much again.. And all best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your lacy ones Linda! Particularly numbers 8 and 86. 34 hanging in the tree looks like a decorative spiders web....
    Its great that you do lots of projects...really inspiring...and lots of hard work - keep it up!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. .....oh and Happy International crochet day Linda!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ali your work is beautiful too, I didn't even know there was an international crochet day so the same to you :)

      Delete
  5. Love the lacy ones, Linda! Probably my favorite is #88.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana, yes I like that one too :)

      Delete
  6. wunderschön!! ich liebe sie alle!!

    liebe Grüße Traudi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx